Yesterday I asked #3 and #4 to do bunny chores. I worried about #4's ability to properly latch the cages, but figured that #3 would help or at least check the latches. This morning #4 came running in after taking some trash out asking how many bunnies should be in the girl grow out cage... and so I went outside and helped them catch the two rogue bunnies that they hadn't been able to catch yet (Firefly and Fern). I don't think my back will have much of a chance to get better if I have to keep running and bending and lifting. More ibuprofen!!
We did get closer to catching the black rabbit that's been raiding the garden. Today I found the place where it slips under the neighbor's fence, and how it doubles back behind the tire potato tower to elude the dog. Using this information, we may be able to get the upper hand at some point.
I'm also looking at the potential to use a carport instead of a steel-frame building as our new rabbit barn to provide a better shelter this winter. It would be a lot cheaper too.