On the plus side, #5 got a bit of an anatomy lesson, so there was at least some small value in her passing.
The young litter includes a broken chocolate bunny. I was hoping to keep it back if it's a girl, but now I worry if it will survive at all if Lady Mo was their mom.
The hatching incubator needed to be cleaned out but one of the duck eggs had piped, so rather than clean it out, I just took the towel out (it's there to catch all the gross stuff to make the actual incubator easier to clean), and put in some new towels and put all of this week's remaining eggs back in. Fingers crossed to the late bloomer duck egg. There are 19 eggs in there now that were set for hatching next week, including several duck eggs.
I have a hatchery box coming next week. Hatch date is the 15th. I need at least one duck to hatch here because I ordered a single ancona duckling (they're expensive) and need it to have a brooder-mate. This box will also have Easter egger pullets, Buff Orpington pullets, our sexed Salmon Faverolle breeding group (1 cockerel, 3 pullets), and turkeys. Our first turkeys! This is a hatchery we have not used before, but if these babies come healthy and grow true to type, I'll definitely use them again because they are actually cheaper bird-for-bird than the hatchery we used last year and this year due to their free shipping.
We are also anticipating baby bunnies next week. Crossing our fingers for some nice healthy babies.