- White Rabbit Tomato - a yellow cherry with high production, from New Jersey US, but never heard of it.
- Yazon Tomato - a Russian variety that is white with yellow striping, said to be sweet.
- Smiley Worms Tomato - as the name suggests, these paste tomatoes have a unique divot in the end that resembles a mouth.
- Tim's Black Ruffles Tomato - released in 2008, a cross between Black Krim and Zapotec Pink, this one has high yields of brown tomatoes with green shoulders.
- Oziris Tomato - Russian varietyor dark beefsteak with high yields.
- Krasnaya Mishen Tomato - a Russian variety, translated to "Red Target", green top with a red bottom and radiating red/brown stripes coming up the sides.
- Alice's Dream Tomato - a yellow/orange tomato with blue shoulders.
- Konigin der Nacht (Queen of the Night) Tomato - A German variety that is red/orange with blue stripes.
- Tobolsk Tomato - a Russian heirloom tomato, yellow with green spots on the shoulder.
- Dwarf Arctic Rose Tomato - a pink tomato that only grows to 3 feet tall.
- Nocturne Pepper - a sweet pepper that ripens from black to red with a black blush.
- Elephant Pepper - an embroidered pepper.
- Machu Picchu Pepper - Capsicum chinense from Peru, ripens green to brown with 10,000 - 15,000 Scoville heat units.
- Peach Fantasy - Capsicum baccatum, bell shaped, mild heat for stuffing or fresh eating, said to have very high yield, but is an unstable version.
- Syrian Three Sided Pepper - this is the one I was trying to find originally because my own collection is down to my last two seeds.
Tonight was our Valentine's date night. We don't get to go out without kids very often, but tonight was a rare exception. Tony works on Valentine's Day and we have family plans this weekend, so today was the day. We did some shopping (cat food, garden stuff, bagels, etc.), then went out for dinner (Sakura's in Brainerd is wonderful, I highly recommend the shrimp tempura roll). We killed some time getting pie at Perkins and looking around Walmart before heading off to a late movie. I'd seen the preview for The Favourite and thought it looked wonderful. I do not recommend it. Tony actually fell asleep during the last 15 minutes or so, and I have to say I was extremely disappointed. It was advertised as a humorous back and forth between two women to be the favorite help, but that's not at all how the film played. Plenty of gratuitous sex scenes, nudity, and awkward long close up scenes. The ending was awful and confusing and didn't do a good job of tying everything together. I'm glad it was Tuesday, when the theater offers discounted tickets, so we didn't have to pay full price for it.
After the movie we swung back to Walmart and picked up the fish I'd wanted. Introducing Valentino, our new betta. He's got a pink body with blue and purple fins, and was named after Valentino from The Bangles' "Manic Monday" song, and on account of the fact that he was technically a Valentine's gift.