Thankfully Tony still has this week off - so he let me lay in bed in the dark most of the day. Eventually the headache went away, my face is looking more normal, and my heart is beginning to heal. I don't think I've cried that hard since my Nadia passed away.
I stopped by the post office to check the box this week and found that a kind gentleman from Texas had followed through on his very generous offer to send us some hazelnut seeds! Those will be going out in the winter sowing jugs just as soon as I get a couple minutes to play in the dirt (probably tomorrow). Thank you so much if you're reading this - you know who you are!
The one Prizehead Lettuce sprout died. I planted several more seeds a couple days ago, but nothing has come up yet. I'm wondering if my seeds may be too old to germinate. This is always an issue with second-hand seeds and seed trading. Now I'm starting to feel bad because I sent several packets of these to people as trades for the Christmas swap... I hope their seeds do better than mine are currently. Perhaps it's a variety that prefers cold weather? It is warm in the house over winter.
Today Tony made some phone calls. My insurance card should be on its way. I lost it following all these medical appointments and need it to pay off one old bill and to bring with me for surgery (hopefully next month). He also paid the one medical bill that got sent to collections before we could get to it. Tomorrow (once his paycheck is deposited) he will be calling to pay off another medical bill, and to make a payment plan for the big expensive one from the series of MRI, CT, and ultrasound visits.
Our Federal income tax paperwork has officially been accepted and is pending. Once they give us a timeline for a return, we can start putting together an offer on the property. Though Tony wants to wait until he gets his manager bonus in March. We aren't sure when in March to anticipate that. The asking price on the property is $20,000 over what we were originally approved for, so we are really hoping and praying that both the seller and the bank will work with us to meet in the middle.
The weather is all weird. We're expecting highs in the 50's for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday coming up. That's crazy! But then it's supposed to cool back down to the below-freezing temperatures we're more accustomed to. I'm really hoping these warm days don't mess up my winter sowing. I tried to do mostly things that require cold stratification to avoid this possibility. It's supposed to stay below freezing by the end of February. Perhaps then I can get in some more winter sowing. The empty jugs are backing up in the house again, but I'm still not 100% certain where to plan on gardening. I don't want to plant hundreds of containers and then not get the new house, but I also don't want to only do 20-30 containers and then feel vastly underwhelmed by the tiny garden if we move to the new house with the giant garden area.
I can confirm that Mabel is pregnant. She always gets morning sickness, and she's been throwing up for two days straight now. Poor girl! She will feel better soon though. This means April kittens! Bookmark our website to check back for a litter announcement and photos!
Last, but not least, I want to encourage those who want to help to visit our fundraiser page. There are all kinds of cool rewards for donating, and we're really needing to gear up for this now that we are seriously running some numbers and getting ready to put in an offer!! And of course, as soon as keys are in hand, the Vlogs will begin!