I'm expecting some new seeds in the mail soon. I've been working on a few more trades and hopefully they will arrive this week. As excited as I've been the last few days (two 58-60-degree days in a row), I have to remind myself that starting tomorrow, the night will start getting below freezing again, and there's at least one day on the Weather Channel app that says we may get more snow. Good news for my very late start at winter sowing this year, but my garden tilling and soil amending (more rabbit poop) will have to wait a bit longer.
In rabbit news, if both breeding attempts were successful, Lola should be due Thursday (St. Patrick's Day), and Penelope should be due Sunday (3/20/16). I gave Lola a nest box this morning stuffed with straw; she's looking very plump. Penelope's cage has an enclosed hutch portion so I don't have to worry about giving her a nest box, though she still gets fresh straw this week. I'm excited to see what kind of colors we get out of these litters crossing the Harlequin lines with the Californian lines. Also, since Bennett, George, and Lola are all half New Zealand, I wonder if they could throw more solid colored kits this time around. Penelope doesn't have New Zealand in her lineage, but she has English Lop, though I don't know what colors she has in her genetics. I'm somewhat glad that she doesn't throw lop eared babies. While I'm sure they'd sell quickly, I'm afraid I'd want to keep them. I love lop ears. Maybe once we move I will have more space to add a breeding pair of lops.