I also got an email today from the family that took Hazel. They'd like to return her as their schedules have changed and they don't have time for her anymore. I'm glad they aren't going to just put her in a cage and ignore her or dump her somewhere. I'm not sure yet when she will be returning, but that's something that may be happening in the next few days.
My back is still causing issues; just enough pain to keep me from being productive in any way, but not enough to make me run sobbing to the hospital. I started seeing a chiropractor, but she wants me to come in several times per week and that just doesn't fit with our schedule.
Today little #5 was feeling a little under the weather. He and I napped most of the day away. Yesterday #4 was down and out with a low grade fever and the day before #3 had the same thing. I'm dreading getting sick because my immune system isn't great and it usually takes me much longer to bounce back. Welcome to the school year with kids attending public schooling.
We are still waiting to hear back from the real estate agent. Tony let her know that the broken pipes were really "the straw that broke the camel's back" with things coming up with the house, and that we weren't comfortable buying a house that would require even more repairs than initially anticipated. She offered to go back to the bank that owns the property and see if they'd be willing to fix the pipes prior to closing. We're waiting now to see what kind of response she gets from them. I'm not sure the bank will want to pay for repairs on a foreclosure, but I'm hoping it all works out. I'm prepared to accept the outcome either way.