George managed to escape again. I have no idea how he's getting out of his (latched) cage! This time he crossed the street to go hang out under a neighbor's porch. It took Tony and three kids to catch him. Usually he's pretty easy to catch - he's very tame. Silly show rabbit! One of these days someone is going to catch him and keep him - or call animal control - or a dog is going to eat him.
We've been doing a lot of talking - and there's surely more talking to be done yet. It looks like following all of my medical issues, we will not be able to afford a new home this year. I admit this isn't a big surprise and I had suspected as much, but I'm still devastated. On the positive side, that gives me all summer to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I really wish there was a flea market in our area. That would simplify things a lot!
This brings me to another conundrum. We had partially assembled the new bunny barn when all of this medical stuff came up. We never finished it or moved the rabbits. It was meant to be a temporary location just until the spring thaw and we could move it to our new home. It's right over the walkway that went through the garden last year, which means if we complete the bunny barn, the garden will become a walkway on the other side of the bunny barn. Do I tear down the new bunny barn and wait to assemble it again in the fall to overwinter the bunnies in a more enclosed space? Do I leave it up and just keep using the walkway through it (there are no sides or top currently), and forget moving the rabbits until we move? Do I finish assembling the barn, move the bunnies, and give up on gardening in-ground? It was never meant to be up in the summer with a garden - it was just for winter and we were supposed to move before the gardening season came again. Choices, choices! I'm not sure what I'll do right now.