In crafting news, I've finished the first three color rows in my new blanket project and just started the fourth. I love this project, it's already bringing me joy.
Today we got four eggs from the hens. No blue ones, no white ones, and no duck eggs today. I did not get the incubator set up, but perhaps I will have more time tomorrow while kids are off at school.
Yesterday I got a message from someone who'd bought one of our rabbits last summer. It turns out they've moved and the new landlord isn't keen on having a house-rabbit in the property. Next Saturday I've set up a meeting to take the rabbit back. Our own Yang's brother, Yin, will be returning. He was solid black and quite a sweetheart as I recall. Easy to handle, the kids loved him. He was a lot smaller than his brother, which is really the reason he was sold and his brother was kept.
Long story short, Yin is accustomed to being an indoor rabbit. We are always happy to see our bunnies go to all sorts of loving homes, and we support folks wanting an indoor bunny. Unfortunately, one of my kids and myself are horribly allergic to rabbits. Might seem odd since we raise them, but we raise them outside. We can take an allergy pill before going to do chores, and come inside to get away from them if needed. Keeping a rabbit in the house is something we can do, and have done in the past for short term (hurt or shelved bunnies), but it is not ideal. I'd like to have a home lined up for Yin if at all possible to minimize his time spent in our home. Moving him quickly will also lessen his stress from changing homes as he won't have time to adjust to our home and then have to move to another if we can line up a new home the same weekend.
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping someone out there might be interested in an adorable sub-adult black bunny. He's a New Zealand Black / Californian cross, born 7/5/18 to Gretchen and Ulysses. I will not have an updated photo available until we take him back on March 2. Again, he will need an indoor home, as he is accustomed to being a house pet and is not acclimated to being outside. if anyone might be interested, please send me an email!
The little hairless blue kitten (born 1/30) is looking better this weekend. She is 25 days old today and on day 3 of antibiotics. Hopefully she will make it through. Usually if we can get them to four weeks old they survive just fine. That puts our goal date February 27th. She'll still be on antibiotics at that point (ten days total), but she's looking good for now. She may make it after all. Her name is Lyric.
I'm antsy for winter sowing, but alas, more delays. Tomorrow my priority will be setting up the incubator. I'm also working hard on researching seed varieties, and crocheting this blanket project. I promise, I will get to winter sowing. I just need to have a good chunk of time where I can work on getting jugs ready. I've already decided which eggplant and pepper varieties we will be growing this year.