- Wild Blackberry - I planted 12 seeds
- Red Raspberry - I planted a pinch of seeds, probably 20-25 seeds.
- American Hazelnut - I planted two, which leaves just one in the collection. The one I planted last year didn't come up.
- German Thyme - I just did a pinch, surface sown.
- "Big Juicy" Strawberry - I planted about a dozen seeds.
- Goji Berry - I planted 12 seeds.
- Black Cap Raspberry - I planted 12 seeds.
- Northblue Blueberry - I planted about 12 seeds.
My surgery is just under three weeks away now. The pains have started to come back, usually in the evenings, and not as horrifically bad as they were before, but enough that it hurts. I am still refusing to take any pain meds (23 days without medicine of any kind now). I have had to default to heat packs and hot baths a couple times in the last week to try to manage the pain. I was doing great until #4 was having an attitude problem and decided to pick a fight with #3. I physically picked her up and set her in time-out... but the instant I picked her up, I knew I had made a bad decision. I've been having the same pains since then. :( I'm hoping the six weeks of down time post-op will be enough for my body to heal again and I can get back to life. It's nice to be able to do projects and get stuff picked up. You don't realize how much you miss it until you can't do it anymore!
If anyone happens to have pink lemonade blueberries, or a variety of yellow raspberries, I would be very interested in getting a hold of those. They're two kinds I've wanted for a couple years now but have not been able to track them down to trade (and they're rather expensive from the nursery catalogs). I'm also hoping to track down some horseradish root.
Thinking out loud here... I wonder if it would be worth it to plant several rhubarb seeds and then sell the plants the following spring. I have plenty of seeds from my Victoria rhubarb plant that I collected last year. Or would it just be more stuff to have to move when we finally get to moving? Hmmmm. I wonder if there's anyone locally who would trade rhubarb seedlings for hostas... I'd love to have some hostas too. Ah well, maybe some day.