I was so proud of my handy work that as soon as the water was cool and in the spray bottle, I marched right over to the plants and wanted to try it out. Turns out that most of the aphids went away once I removed all of the pepper plants. I searched and found one single branch on a tomato plant that had a couple live aphids. I gave it one quick spritz and made a mental note to wash my hands every time I touch anything in the area now (no rain indoors to wash the oils away). Much to my surprise, within three days the branch withered, shriveled, and completely fell off the plant! This was an otherwise healthy branch, between two identical (albeit bug free) branches. Yikes! Maybe this isn't such a good bug control after all. I'll keep it around and try it outside and see if the results are the same.
I did save the seeds before tossing the peppers into the pot, so at least I can grow them myself next time instead of buying them from the store. My brother likes hot peppers, so they won't go to waste.
I also finally bagged up the three types of heirloom tomato seeds that have been on the drying rack (also for much longer than I had planned). I did research and I believe them to be Gezahnthe (red ruffled), Yellow Oxheart, and Yellow Mortgage Lifter. I won't trade them as such though, as I'm not 100% certain that's what they are, and wouldn't want to be distributing seeds under the wrong name. That's also why I'm going to be growing out the Jesus tomatoes - I'm hoping if they're a known variety I can figure out what the real name is. I suspect they're something completely different though.