The other curve ball is once again having to do with the new house. Originally we were supposed to close tomorrow morning, but due to some delays and a required repair, things got pushed back. From what we understood, the sellers were repairing the plaster upstairs on Wednesday, and then the appraiser was coming back today, and we could close on Tuesday. Then our realtor called tonight to ask if we knew what was going on. I guess she got a call from an appraiser (not the one who did it before) who was driving several hours from out of town to come and take a photo of the spot to assure it was repaired properly... I think she called it a rush appraisal. She said it was going to cost us extra, and the appraiser said she had been told it had to be done today so we could close tomorrow... But the mortgage company requires three days after the final go ahead before papers can be signed (hence why we had to wait until Tuesday if it was appraised Thursday). We did not get the final go ahead letter today, which means we won't be able to close on Tuesday either. The realtor also mentioned the original appraiser had been booked to come and do the same appraisal tomorrow (which would still put us at Wednesday for closing). So now we have an appointment for 10am tomorrow with the title company to sign the papers on a house we can't sign papers on until next week, and the mortgage company is telling the appraisers something different than they're telling the realtor, and we have no idea what's going on... Or how much it's going to cost us.
Anyway, it's still progressing, and as long as we have enough money for closing we should be fine... but with having to eat out all the time being stuck in the hotel, we're quickly draining through our house reserves. The longer we put off closing, the more I worry.
This morning I colored a picture of snapdragons. Makes me want to grow some. They're pretty colorful.
Oh, and just to show it off... here's a photo of my poor aloe vera plant. It desperately needs to be repotted soon.