I have one or two eggplants that aren't big enough to pick yet, and a handful more beans still hiding in the garden. I think this is all of the acorn squash this year. I have at least one more buttercup squash and a big blue hubbard squash that are nearly ready to be picked, and I have a few small butternut squash that I'm hoping will ripen before it gets too cold. There are a few carrots, suyo cucumbers, and lots of peppers and tomatoes that aren't ripe yet. I'm also still waiting on the one kajari melon and the three mystery watermelons to ripen. It was decently warm today, but as soon as the sun starts to go down it gets cold pretty fast.
This evening I had a bunny meeting and Dan has been selected to go to a new home (happy dance). She will be coming back on Sunday to take him home. Congratulations Dan! You finally found a wonderful home to call your own!
Another discovery this evening is on a sadder note. Coleson and Beatrice have started to squabble. Today I found some fur tufts beneath their cage, and Beatrice has a cut on her nose. I moved her to another cage (with a nest box, just in case). When I picked her up to move her, I found a large lump on her chest. It's firm, silvery colored, the skin is stretched over it and the fur is gone over the lump. There doesn't appear to be any broken skin, no sign of injury. My first thought was a cyst, but searching Google for images, all I could find remotely like this were either skin cancer, or cysts. She was supposed to go to a new home tomorrow. I doubt that her potential new home will want her knowing she's got a potential medical issue. I have made the person aware of her current condition, and possible need for future vet care. She doesn't seem to be in pain, she let me look at it, and it's not in an area that effects her ability to function. If her potential home chooses not to adopt (can't say that I blame them), I will hold her for 35 days for observation and pregnancy watch. If it spreads, if she starts to show any sign of illness or pain, I will have to make a decision. If she remains the same, or it goes away or shrinks, I will assume it was just a fluke and her body naturally took care of it. On the other hand, maybe the potential new owner will want her, lump and all.