My newest project is to grow some cranberry beans. I got these beans out of a bean soup mix (dry) and wanted to see if they'd sprout, or if they'd been treated or somehow sterilized. I put two in a wet paper towel in a plastic bag and left them for a few days. One sprouted right away and the other was a little slower. Today I put them both into soil in a terra cotta pot together. I had luck this spring with some research beans and growing them indoors. Two plants are easy to cross pollinate with a q-tip. I know they aren't likely to produce a soup worth of beans but it might give me something for the first part of winter to dote on. Here are my cranberry bean seedlings.