Then #3 suggested that if we took the blankets and folded them in half, they might be suitable for sleeping bags for their dolls. So of course I threw together another blanket (with a couple extra squares to make it longer) and sewed it together to make a sleeping bag. Keep in mind, this is all very rough, unlined, and far from professional - but the kids liked them.
Then I realized that I cut these fleece squares years ago with a quilt project in mind. Well, no time like the present! I had #4 pairing up squares as I sewed them together, then we took our stack (of 43 two-square pieces) up to the table and #2, #3, and #4 helped to arrange them in a way that no two squares of the same color/pattern were touching. In a surprisingly short amount of time, I had all of the squares sewn together. Again, not professional, and not even straight. I didn't take the time to iron or anything, I just sewed.
It doesn't look bad. It's much smaller than I'd hoped originally, but we used a lot for doll blankets. Now I need to find some batting and a nice piece of fabric to put on the back side. This project is "to be continued..."