We got our guinea order today! Yay! Three dark brahma chicks and 15 assorted guineas. Two white, four are a pretty lavender color, and nine (presumably) normal colored ones. No DOAs! They all went straight into the barn brooder. I evicted the five large ducklings to make sure the tiny guineas don't get trampled. So far the ducklings are sticking together. This will be their first night out of the brooder. I hope they do alright. They are in the barn, but they're free-roaming in the barn - and so are the four big geese. I suppose better to learn their place in the pecking order now.
Tonight Sapphire went off to her new home. It's a good thing too. I'm out of cage space and this opened up a place to move some of the bunnies around to make everyone fit better. Celery is back into his original cage and Egg is now going to live in the cage Sapphire just vacated.
I also need to find homes for the two remaining kittens (Ginger and Blue), their dad (Netherquartz), and Sage (the special needs sphynx kitty). And Gypsy's kittens will be ready to go in a few more weeks. They're currently leaving the nest area and exploring the barn near the nest. They haven't left the barn yet, but we still check every night when we lock the barn up to make sure all three are safely inside. I need to get updated photos. They're cute little boogers. They've been named Carbon (Carbon Copy Cat looks a lot like his momma), Ditto (she also looks like Gypsy), and Tigerlily (who has a gorgeous marbled pattern and white toes).
I've got a handful of rabbits due to have babies around July 6 and July 7. I think it may be time to pair a few more up again. If I pair them up in the morning or the evening when it's a little cooler out maybe I'll have better odds of success. I'll have to consult my notes to see who should be paired to whom. Maybe I could aim for some Rex coated kits this round.
The King Theodore Nasturtiums are blooming. Beautiful!