I did update the website today. I took new photos of the colony litter that will be ready to leave next week. We've slowly been losing them one at a time here and there. I couldn't figure it out. They weren't damaged, they had full tummies and didn't appear to be sick. A couple times I watched Kin (the herd buck) chasing the babies around. I wonder if he was causing some of them to die, maybe my chasing them until they died of exhaustion or had a heart attack or something. I don't know. Yesterday another one died, so today we pulled the entire group. Some of them are so small, I worry it's too soon, but they do have new babies in there. I think this may be one of those "you're damned if you do, and your damned if you don't" situations.
While giving them a thorough once-over, re-checking genders, and taking photos, I noticed two had wet noses. No snot, no sneezing, just clear moist spots under their noses. Remembering the catastrophe that started last fall from some moldy hay, I am not about to take a risk. The two with wet noses went right into a quarantine cage. It was hot today and the temporary cage was in the sun while I was looking them over. It's possible they were just hot and it's nothing. I'm hoping that's the case. I'd rather be safe than sorry though, so quarantine is where they'll stay for right now. The other seven have been put in a grow out cage. As of evening check, they are eating and drinking. In the colony they were likely not getting nursed anymore as there are fresh babies in there now. I still feel horrible. We usually wait until at least six weeks to pull babies from their mommas. I hope these babies do alright. I hope I'm making the right choice. If Kin is causing issues, I want to keep the babies safe.