- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts - I planted two big pinches. We should have more than enough if even half of them grow to harvesting.
- Calabrese Broccoli - I planted one good sized pinch of seeds. Hopefully we have better luck this year than last. Maybe if we can catch "Loosey" the dumped rabbit that ate all of our broccoli this year...
- Four O'Clock, Mixed - I planted five seeds, I'm hoping to get at least two plants.
- Stella De Oro Yellow Daylily - I planted a dozen seeds.
- Rosa Rugosa, Alba - I planted four seeds, I'm hoping for at least one to grow.
- Trumpet Vine - I planted eight seeds, though I'm really only needing two plants, both of which will be going to my parents' house to hopefully grow along the back edge of the dog fence.
I got six more containers winter sown today. Out in the snow tonight we have seeds for:
This is the last of the perennial seeds I had planned on planting (except I'm still considering more rhubarb). I had a couple extra containers, so I did the Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Otherwise, I will probably wait until after surgery to do any more winter sowing this year. It'll give me a late start, but everything else should be annuals and things that do not require stratification. A lot of what I plant (or at least how many of them I plant) will depend largely on where we will be gardening this year... Here, or at a different property. I will hopefully be closer to knowing what we're doing post surgery.
Amanda's blog about everything, important and trivial.