So I spent a couple hours today filling the fish tank one left-over container at a time, then siphoning it out as I refilled it to keep the water level up while cleaning out all the gross crud from a year without maintenance. Yikes! That was a nasty dirty job! But the tank, though not perfect, looks a lot better. Over the next couple of days I will try to get a hold of a new air pump for the filter, or maybe just work on sanitizing the old rocks and set up the aquaponics bed. That should help filter out the remaining bits I couldn't get out with the siphon. I'm hoping the cats will leave it alone and not lay on the plants, but it is in the window, and we all know how cats feel about sunny spots in windows.
When I was finally done with the fish tank, I cleaned out under the kitchen sink again, tore up the laminate that was under there, and then bleached the wood underneath. The kitchen sinks both broke, one after the other (second one broke a day and a half after we fixed the other one). Underneath got wet. Sopping wet. As in, dripping down into the basement. So tonight I scrubbed it all out, and now have the heater back in there again to dry it all up. Once it's all dry again I think maybe a coat of polyurethane would help water proof it in case the drains leak again.
Earlier today Tony replaced the outlet up in our bedroom. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it works now!
And to top it all off, today Violet went to her new home! Yay for Violet! That just leaves Vesuvius from that litter still looking for a home. He didn't seem to mind the car trip. I hope he finds his home soon.